We are recruiting again!/ Looking for a new challenge? Is ongoing job security a current concern?!
Well, we have some news that may be of interest to you!
Due to an ever-increasing order book and some interesting industry changes which will occur in the next 12-36 months, we currently have vacancies for an engineer to join our team. As we continue to build back better from the pandemic, this is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate as the role will be working within the fast-paced environment of the security and fire sector.
Border Safeguard Ltd are an industry leader in building support services and have a fantastic reputation for providing, Fire, Intruder, CCTV, Door Access, Nurse Call services in both domestic and commercial environments both here in the Scottish Borders and further afield.
We provide a high level of expertise via our well-established teams of knowledgeable and professional technicians and engineers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining Fire Systems, Intruder Alarms, Access Control, Nurse Call & CCTV Equipment across a variety of contracts ensuring work is completed within correct health and safety frameworks and to the highest industry standard.
• To carry out Preventative Maintenances, Reactive Service Visits and Extra Works in accordance with the contract requirements on Fire & Security Systems
• To undertake the installation of Fire & Security Systems as part of a team
• To be responsive and cooperative to achieve the required tasks set
• Be part of a hard-working team, which aim to provide a high level of service to the client
• To ensure that all aspects of our works including test and inspections compliance checks are carried out in accordance with current British & European Standards
• Report daily progress to supervisor/manager on the status of all works within the Department and advise in good time, problems of time-scale or resources
• Ensure all work is carried out in line with the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’
• Cover out of hours call out
Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum of 1 year electrical/electronic experience preferred.
• Industry training specifically in Fire and Security would be beneficial (training however will be provided)
• Strong communication skills
• A Team Player
• Good problem-solving Skills
• Valid UK driving licence is essential
• A standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required for the successful candidate
• Enjoy your work and embrace challenges
• To be adaptable and methodical in your ways of work
• Taking initiative and have experience in problem-solving
• Energy, Drive, Enthusiasm, and a CAN-DO ATTITUDE
• Personable and enjoy interaction with other areas of the business
• Willingness to learn
The successful candidate must be professional and uphold the highest levels of customer service in their day-to-day activities, whilst adhering to Health & Safety policies at all times.
• We provide product training
• Competitive salary dependant on experience and interview
• Company vehicle provided
• Uniform provided with PPE
• 28 days holiday increasing in line with service
• Employee assistance program
• Company pension scheme
Job Type: Full-time
• Monday to Friday
• Working days will be between 08.00 – 17.00hrs
• Overtime available plus Standby Rota duties
Work remotely: No
If interested please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter, via email or by post. If you would like to discuss this role in more detail please email your request and someone will contact you.
E-mail: [Email address hidden]
Post: HR Dept – Border Safeguard Ltd, The Engine House, Ettrick Riverside, Dunsdale Road, Selkirk, TD7 5EB
Closing date for submission of CV’s – 30th of September 2021
Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
Interviews will be conducted week commencing Monday the 4th of October 2021.
If you don’t hear back by the 1st of October, your application has been unsuccessful.