Support for Businesses During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We will be sending out regular email updates – to sign up to our mailing list, click here. We will also be posting information on our social media – follow the Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce on Facebook or LinkedIn for updates.
We remain here for our members, and the wider business community, during this difficult time. If there is anything you’d like to share, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scottish Borders Business Resilience Group
The Chamber has also set up a Facebook Group, the Scottish Borders Business Resilience Group, in order to help Borders businesses connect and support each other during this challenging time. We encourage everyone to join and contribute.
Scottish Government Coronavirus Business Support Fund
Full information about the Business Support Fund and the application form can be accessed by clicking here.
• When completing the application form, please make sure you save the form before emailing to Business Gateway
• Please ensure you include your printed signature on the form
• Applicants should also make sure they provide a scanned bank statement or image of the nominated online account dated within three months of the application date.
Closing date for the application is 31st March 2021.
COVID-19 Business Support Helpline
Call 0300 303 0660 to access the COVID-19 Business Support Helpline.
Select option 1 to speak to the COVID-19 team.
Open Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
UK Government Guidance on Covid-19
To access UK Government guidance on COVID-19, click here. Includes information to support businesses to minimise and manage the risks associated with the virus. This includes employers advice and guidance as well as access to finance opportunities.
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Business Support – click here for their business survival guide.
- Social Distancing – Click here for the latest Scottish Government Guidance for Businesses and Social Distancing.
- £10k grants to all small businesses who receive the small business bonus
- £25k grants for hospitality businesses with a rateable value of £18-£51k
- 100% rates relief to all businesses in the hospitality, leisure and retail sectors
- Statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme – UK Government will provide an 80% guarantee on the loan up to £5 million
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – UK employers will be able to access support to continue paying 80% (up to a cap of £2,500) of employees’ salaries who would otherwise have been laid off during the crisis by designating them as ‘furloughed workers’.
- Deferring VAT payments for 3 months from 20 March 2020 until 30 June 2020
- If you’re self-employed, Income Tax payments due in July 2020 under the Self-Assessment system will be deferred to January 2021
- Third Sector Resilience Fund
We are waiting for further updates, particularly around the self-employed, and will continue to add information here as we receive it.
Many businesses and organisations are offering support in the effort to tackle the coronavirus and businesses, third sector or voluntary organisations who wish to offer help can contact the Scottish Government.