Fixed term contract until February 2025, with the possibility of extension.
We have an opening for an enthusiastic and motivated individual keen to make a difference for the Scottish Borders to help create an effective support system for Chamber members and the wider business community.
The aim of the role is to inspire the entrepreneurial spirit and start-up activity within the region. Reporting to the Chamber Board and Chair, and assisted by a part-time member administrator, the role is an exciting opportunity to highlight the opportunities and support business to look beyond their immediate challenges. The role includes representing and advocating the Chamber externally to highlight and promote the Scottish Borders business community within and without the region.
The successful applicant will be expected to work remotely in conjunction with the member administrator and the Board and travel to meetings across the region and further afield.
- Member and wider business community engagement by both phone, email and in-person
- Act as the point of contact for both members and stakeholders and work with the marketing and events team to ensure delivery of the desired outcomes
- Provide consistent presence in a volunteer led organisation
- Information gathering, interpretation and dissemination to members
- Engagement with local organisations and government agencies to avoid duplication and highlight gaps in provision of support and services
- Analysis and engagement with sector and regional forums to identify specific needs and gaps
- Encourage professional development across membership
- Organise tailored enterprise skills and training programme
- Secure income streams, partnerships and sponsor payments for long term sustainability
- Ensure quality of member services, adhering to health and safety guidelines
An enthusiastic and self-motivated individual keen to make a difference within the Scottish Borders business community.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to prioritise and work to required timescales
- Demonstrate capacity to secure income streams
- Experience of relationship building and community engagement
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to interpret and disseminate relevant information
- Good attention to detail and accuracy when dealing with complex information
- Experience of maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information with discretion
- Experience of collating and delivering management reports
- Understanding of a rural business landscape
- Access to vehicle, hold full valid UK driving licence
- c£36- £38k per annum
- 28 days per annum including bank holidays
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org